Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
Manitoba is a key province in Canada with stable economy and multiple opportunities available for the skilled professionals. Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) is the key immigration program if you have plans to immigrate to Manitoba.
The Economy supported by natural resources, i.e. mining, oil, agriculture and tourism creates multiple opportunities for the skilled professionals arriving year every year. With its high employment rate and GDP, Manitoba is one of the key contributors to the economy of the country.
If you have plans to move to Manitoba this year, you can apply in Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) under the relevant category to get provincial nomination and move to Canada.
Below are the three main streams of MPNP.
- MPNP for Skilled Workers
- MPNP for Business
- Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative (FSRI)
A. MPNP – Skilled Workers
The Skilled Workers category of MPNP is designed keeping in mind the labour market and employers of Manitoba. Under this category, highly skilled and experienced overseas workers are selected for provincial nomination. Once the applicants are selected for nomination, it becomes easy for him to get the PR visa to live and work in Manitoba, Canada.
There are two basis streams under this category:
A. (i) Skilled Workers (in Manitoba)
This category is for the temporary overseas workers or overseas students, living in the province and who have got the permanent job here with an employer of Manitoba.
To apply under the Skilled Workers in Manitoba category of the MPNP, you need to:
- Be either a qualified temporary overseas worker OR an international student graduate;
- Have a permanent and full-time job offer from your present Manitoba employer;
- Have worked at least six months continuously under Manitoba employer.
- Have a genuine work permit or post-grad work permit from IRCC
- Have all requisite qualifications for the position along with training/education and any licensing/certification required
- Have job-ready English; specifically. Must show the English or French proficiency
- Have a connection with Manitoba via employment
- Show in a Settlement Plan desire and capability to live, work and setup work and family life in province as a permanent resident
- Have adequate settlement funds.
A. (ii) Skilled Workers (Overseas)
This category is for the highly skilled and qualified skilled workers who have a strong connection with the province through their family members or friends, education or employment in the past, or have got the invite from MPNP. Such candidates should obtain essential points for five key eligibility aspects, i.e. English proficiency, education, age, work experience, and adaptability.
To apply under this category, you need to:
- Acquire minimum 60 points out of 100 on the points assessment grid
- Show a recognized connection to Manitoba through the support of family or friend, past work experience or provincial education, or an ITA issued via MPNP,
B. MPNP for Business
This particular category of MPNP has been designed to nominate and hire the qualified business persons and farm owners from overseas, who have the aim and capability to live in Manitoba and setup or buy a business or farm. They can also become partners in a running business.
To apply in this program you must have:
- At least confirmable personal net worth of CAD $350,000
- At least 3 years of flourishing business ownership and management experience or at least 3 years of experience as a senior manager of a business
- Need to score at least 60 points in Adaptability Assessment Matrix.
You must also need to be ready to:
- Face an interview with a MPNP-B officer
- Do a minimum equity investment in Manitoba of CAD $150,000;
- Live in the province of Manitoba with the dependent family members
You may also have to:
- Manage an investigative Visit to Manitoba (at least 5 full business days).
- Handover the results of a language certification test to show language proficiency
C. Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative (FSRI)
This category is for the people with who have genuine farm business experience, adequate funds to invest, and who wish to setup and run a farm business in Manitoba rural areas.
The applicants selected via FSRI will setup a farm business in rural Manitoba to produce the primary products which are steady with the current farm industry in the province. However the Agri-business functions not producing primary products may be eligible for the Business Program criteria.
To apply you must fulfill the below criteria, i.e. you must have:
- A minimum provable personal net worth of CAD $350,000.
- A minimum of 3 years farm business management or farm ownership and running experience supported by provable documents.
- Show adaptability, particularly with regard to practical farming skills, experience in technological based farming practices, etc. that will transfer directly to Manitoba’s present primary farm production industry.
- Managed a visit to Manitoba for at least seven (7) days to find out farming prospects and life at Manitoba before applying.
You also need to:
- Manage an investigative Visit to Manitoba (Minimum 5 full business days).
- Face and manage an interview as and when required by a MPNP-B officer
You must also be ready to:
- Make an adequate Farm Business Investment in rural Manitoba
- Live in Manitoba along with dependent family members.
Manitoba Point System
|Factor 1: Language Proficiency||Points|
|First language (English or French)|
|CLB 8 or higher / native speaker||20|
|CLB 3 or lower||0|
|Second language (English or French)|
|CLB 5 or higher||5|
|Factor 2: Age||Points|
|21 to 45||10|
|50 or older||0|
|Factor 3: Work Experience (in the past five years)||Points|
|Less than one year||0|
|Four years or more||15|
|Factor 4: Education||Points|
|Master’s or Doctorate||25|
|Two post-secondary programs of at least two years each||23|
|One post-secondary program of two years or longer||20|
|One one year post-secondary program||14|
|No post-secondary education||0|
|Factor 5: Adaptability||Points|
|Close relative in Manitoba||20|
|Invitation to Apply received from MPNP as part of recruitment mission or exploratory visit||20|
|Previous work experience in Manitoba (at least six months)||12|
|Completed post-secondary program of two years or more in Manitoba||12|
|Completed post-secondary program of at least one year in Manitoba||10|
|Friend or distant relative living in Manitoba||10|
|Bonus: Intention to reside outside Winnipeg||5|